The cold, winter months can cause the pipes in your home to freeze creating severe damage throughout your home. Learn how to ensure that your home will remain damage-free this season:
What to Know About Frozen Pipes:
- Frozen pipes are likely to occur in temperatures under 20 degrees so make sure you are alert and aware when the weather drops below freezing
- Surprisingly, pipes can burst where little to no ice has been formed. Most pipes often burst due to an increase in water pressure that leads to pipe failure
- The best way to keep water in your pipes from freezing is to slow or stop the transfer of heat:
- When going away for holiday vacation, make sure to not lower your heat too much (no lower than 55 degrees)
- The best way to ensure that your pipes will not freeze while away is to drain the water system, with no water there is nothing that can freeze and burst
- It is best to place your pipes in heated spaces and avoid keeping them in places such as attics, crawlspaces, and garages
Learn How to Beat the Freeze:
- Remember to keep your garage doors shut
- Keep your thermostat set to the same temperature, do not fluctuate it too much
- Open your kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow warmer air to circulate
- At just a small price, you can buy insulation to ensure your pipes will remain at a normal temperature
If you follow these simple precautions, you could be saving yourself from future water damage!!
Contact us at 848-244-8136 for 24/7 emergency service!